We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
Commitment to high-risk adolescents, challenged with some very tough issues, is not easy and the reality is that most problems surface after hours. These are the times when our frontline workers spring into action. Work hours at Wood’s Homes are typically round-the-clock and the type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence.
We are currently seeking a qualified Clinician for our Outpatient Clinical Services (OCS) Program. The Outpatient Clinic at Wood’s Homes offers various assessment, therapy, and clinical training, on a fee for service basis. This position reports to the Program Manager of OCS Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Leadership and oversight of triage, referral, and case management within the Outpatient clinic.
- Performs assessments of children, youth/families as assigned. Provides a written report of the assessment following Wood’s Homes Quality Improvement guidelines.
- Chooses and applies assessment methods based on the best available clinical psychological evidence. These will include but are not limited to standardized measures of cognitive, adaptive, behavioural, and emotional functioning.
- Communicates clear, practical, evidence-based diagnoses, assessment findings, plans, and recommendations to the Community Clinic therapist (referral source), families and other service providers as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and current documentation of client files including assessments, collateral contacts, and progress notes.
- Provides clinical consultation/training and supervision to staff, practicum students, community professionals and other trainees, as requested.
- Actively communicates with community resources regarding Wood’s Homes clientele and programs and works collaboratively with other community services, stakeholders and partners.
- Performs as a member of an inter-disciplinary team and an active participant of the clinical team
- Administration and interpretation of cognitive psychometric testing.
- Participates in research and other specialized projects, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Masters or Ph D Degree in Psychology from a CPA or APA accredited program with a minimum of two years clinical assessment experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP). CAP provisional or full registration must be obtained prior to commencement in the position.
- Experience and training in cognitive psychometric testing (administration, interpretation, and reporting) is required.
- Knowledge of the common psychological tests used to assess cognitive functioning, personality, and psychopathology in adolescence in required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated leadership and facilitation abilities is required.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and an ability to work independently as well as manage changing priorities and work demands.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage workload and to complete assessments, documentation and consultations in a timely, effective manner within a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools used with child and adolescent populations.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills is required.
- Must have own transportation.
- Personal suitability is important.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote competition code ‘Last Name, First Name, OCS Clinician’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca/WORKWITHUS for full position details, and more information about our organization.