Application and Profile
- Support for MPS Advocacy efforts
- Discounts on liability and office insurance
- Ethics Resource Service
- Network with fellow colleagues and students at member events
- Information about office space and professional opportunities
- Listing in Referral Directory (for qualifying members)
- Access to upcoming online members-only resources (coming soon)
- Exclusive discounts on MPS-sponsored continuing education (CE) events
- Opportunities for continuing education credits at our Annual General Meetings
[NEW] Owl Practice Member Benefit:
$ 200Per Year
$ 75Per Year
$ 35Per Year
$ 25Per Year
- 10% late administration fee will be added to renewals starting February 1, 2016.
- Memberships with unpaid dues lapse 90 days after year end- April 1, 2016.
- Prorating for new members starts July 1, 2016.
Description of Membership Levels
Any person may be admitted to Full Membership who is entitled to call him/herself a psychologist by virtue of:
(a) being registered under the Psychologists’ Registration Act; (b) being employed as a psychologist by the Government of Canada, the Government of Manitoba, a university in Manitoba, the board of a school district or division, or a hospital within the meaning of the Hospitals Act or other like bodies or agencies thereof; or (c) being deemed, at the discretion of the Executive, to be eligible for membership. Full Members are voting members.
Distinguished Life Member
Distinguished Life Membership may be conferred by the Executive on individuals in recognition of their contribution to psychology in Manitoba. Distinguished Life Members are voting members.
Any person who subscribes to the aims and purposes of the Society may be admitted to Affiliate Membership. Affiliate Members are nonvoting members.
A student enrolled in a psychology degree program at an accredited university may become a Student Member. Student Members are nonvoting members.
Retired Full Member
Upon retiring completely from practice or employment as a psychologist are eligible to change their status to Retired. Retired Members are voting members.