The following is a paid advertisement. The Manitoba Psychological Society does not necessarily endorse any service or educational opportunity advertised.
Regular, Full Time
Manitoba Health, Healthy Living and Seniors Transition
Selkirk Mental Health Centre
Salary(s):$88,040.00 to 111,077.00 per year
Closing Date:November 13, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre is looking for a Psychologist to join our team. Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is a 252-bed facility that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services through five specialized patient programs: Acute, Geriatric, Rehabilitation, Forensic and Acquired Brain Injury. For more information see www.gov.mb.ca/health/smhc.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector search
- Must have a current and satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and registered or eligible for registration with the Psychological Association of Manitoba (qualified Doctoral candidates or candidates with other combinations of academic preparation and experience may be considered)
- Specialized training and/or experience working with individuals diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness
- Ability to apply and interpret a wide range of psychological/psychometric tests
- Ability to work effectively in a multi disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical assessment and decision-making skills
- Awareness of Indigenous culture
The incumbent will provide psychological services to patients and participate as a team member on the interdisciplinary team providing treatment and rehabilitation to patients. The incumbent will demonstrate a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of SMHC, including a strong commitment to patient safety.
Advertisement # 36015
Service Centre 2
Services 360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3G 3P2
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.