The following is a paid advertisement. The Manitoba Psychological Society does not necessarily endorse any service or educational opportunity advertised.
Child and Adolescent (Youth) Psychologist or Therapist, Winnipeg
Forensic Psychological Services, leaders in clinical and criminal psychology, are currently seeking candidates interested in a full-time opportunity as a Child and Adolescent (Youth) Psychologist or Therapist to join our team in Winnipeg.
This position primarily involves conducting assessments and providing treatment to children and adolescents who have experienced trauma in their lives and who have struggled with mental health challenges and behavioural acting out. Clients include males and females of various cultural backgrounds, special need populations, and youth who have been, or are at risk of being, in conflict with the law.
The ideal candidate is committed to be a catalyst for change and wellness, enjoys being part of a dynamic and collaborative team, is interested in ongoing learning and professional development, and is motivated to work with complex cases in an engaged and empirically informed manner. If you are someone who enjoys challenging clinical work, being therapeutically creative, and works from a relational and trauma-informed lens, we’d like to learn more about you.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- A strong background in providing therapeutic services to high-needs children and adolescents
- Masters or PhD-level training and experience in a mental health, counselling or social services field
- Registration with MCSW or another applicable regulatory body
- Advanced writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
Training and/or experience in any of the following will be considered an asset:
- Experience in the assessment and treatment of trauma
- Assessment and intervention with children, adolescents, and adults with externalizing behaviour problems (sexual behaviour problems, aggression, antisocial conduct)
- Parenting assessments
- Family therapy▪ Adult therapy
- Consultation to multisystem teams
We offer a competitive salary; vacation and benefits package; pension plan; and a collaborative, supportive cutting-edge work environment where forward thinking, creativity and input are valued. We also offer opportunities for professional growth, teaching, supervision and research.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including which position you are applying for and salary expectations to email@example.com
Our success is a direct result of our awesome team and a work environment that inspires exceptional service. For more information, visit us at www.FPSpsychealth.com. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted