The following is a paid advertisement. The Manitoba Psychological Society does not necessarily endorse any service or educational opportunity advertised.
Private Practice – Child Therapist at Alloway Therapy
Anticipated start September 2020
We are excited to announce that applications are now being accepted for a Child Therapy professional.This an opportunity for a qualified individual to begin an exciting career in private practice!
Alloway Therapy Services is a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team of certified child therapists. Alloway’s senior therapists have over 30 years of experience providing therapy to children, families and community agencies. Senior therapists would provide clinical supervision whereby the hours could be utilized for certification in child play therapy and/or Theraplay. We would provide a portion of the new referrals for the candidate’s caseload.
Alloway Therapy Services has an excellent reputation in the Winnipeg community. We specialize in the assessment and treatment of developmental trauma and attachment difficulties. Primary best practice therapeutic models include Play Therapy, Theraplay, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy, EMDR and Circle of Security.
For more information visit our website at www.allowaytherapy.com.
- Provide best practice child therapy to children and/or families on a commission basis. These therapies may include directive and non-directive approaches, Theraplay, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy, parent consultation, and psycho education
- Consult with other systems to case plan and advocate for the child’s needs
- Provide therapy progress reports in a timely manner to the contractual agencies making referrals
- Participate in weekly case consultation with a senior therapist
- Provide an invoice summary to senior therapists on a monthly basis
- Extensive clinical experience working with children, adolescents, and families
- A Masters degree in Psychology, Social Work, Educational Psychology or Art Therapy
- Preference will be given to the candidate who has completed, or is in the process of completing, certification as a Child Play Therapist
Other self-employment requirements include:
- Liability Insurance
- Registration with the appropriate professional association
- Criminal Reference Check and Child Registry Check
- Computer and therapeutic toys/supplies
Therapist should be available to work a half to full-time schedule (full-time is preferable), Monday-Friday, days preferred, evenings optional.
- Access to consultation to assist with simultaneously enhancing your therapy skills and building your private practice
- Assistance with obtaining referrals sources
- Opportunity to work independently within a supportive professional environment
- A beautiful infrastructure that includes space and appropriate furniture, storage
- An established therapeutic setting with an excellent reputation in the community
- Salary is based on a commission contract. This is not an employer/employee arrangement.
Please email CV and cover letter to Patti Sutherland at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply online at https://www.indeedjobs.com/alloway-therapy/jobs/2950d0ebf34377b0ba14
Application deadline is June 12, 2020. Once applications have been reviewed, selected candidates will be scheduled an interview.