The following is a paid advertisement. The Manitoba Psychological Society does not necessarily endorse any service or educational opportunity advertised.
You’re invited for EHN Canada’s next educational webinar:
Recovery Day: Navigating a Life in Recovery
With Colette Currin
Counsellor and National Director of Business Development for Military, Veterans & First Responders, EHN Canada
And EHN Canada Alumni Panel
Codependency is an emotional condition in which individuals frequently ignore their own needs while constantly fulfilling the needs of others. Individuals who have experienced trauma, especially physical, sexual, or verbal abuse due to a loved one’s addiction or mental health conditions, are at high risk for developing codependency and control issues. In this first half of the webinar, Colette Currin, a qualified counsellor and the National Director of Business Development for Military, Veterans & First Responders at EHN Canada, will share her insight and expertise on setting healthy boundaries and building supportive relationships in recovery. Gain a deeper understanding of codependency and its impact on people’s mental health and addiction treatment journey.
In celebration of International Recovery Day, for the second half of the webinar, we are honoured to feature a panel of our alumni from a variety of programs across our EHN Canada network. They will be speaking to the treatment process, life after treatment, and the rollercoaster that is living in recovery. These panelists will provide insight to the real-life struggles of starting fresh and navigating a life in recovery.
- Explore what codependency means and how it influences an individual’s treatment journey
- Summarize the research landscape on codependency and future directions
- Understanding that living in recovery is in fact a rollercoaster
- The importance of creating a community while in treatment that goes far beyond the facility
Date: Sept 29, 2021 – 12pm ET, 9am PT
Duration: 2-hours (45-minute presentation followed by a 15-minute Q&A, then by a 1-hour panel discussion with EHN Canada alumni)
This webinar is eligible for 2.0 CEU/CPD credits (pending) recognized by:
- CACCF (Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation)
- MDPAC (Medical Psychotherapy Association of Canada)
- CCPA (Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association)
- CVRP (College of Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals)
- HRPA (Human Resources Professionals Association)
- CPHR (Chartered Professionals in Human Resources) BC & Yukon, Alberta, Nova Scotia
To register or for more information: