INTRO TO DIALECTICAL BEHAVIOUR THERAPY
January 23—April 24, 2023 (No class February 20, April 10)
Mondays 4pm – 7pm CST (3pm-6pm MST / 2pm-5pm PST)
36 hours ǀ Held live through Zoom (recordings not available)
ABOUT THE COURSE
The DBT Centre of Vancouver is pleased to offer a 12-week course to mental health professionals seeking to learn about Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). The most widely researched treatment for problems characteristic of borderline personality disorder (BPD), DBT is a comprehensive psychological treatment that assists persons struggling with complex problems, including recurrent suicidality, self-harm, and problems with emotion regulation.
This course, offered as part of an ongoing consultation and training program at the DBT Centre, covers many aspects of DBT including individual therapy, DBT skills training, telephone consultation, and consultation teams. The teaching methods include didactics, demonstration/practice, audio and video review, and worksheets. Participants will be assigned weekly readings and between-class activities.
- Research on BPD & DBT
- Dialectical Theory and Strategies
- Commitment Strategies
- Suicidal Risk Assessment and Intervention
- Chain Analysis and Problem-Solving
- Using Reciprocity and Irreverence
- Managing Telephone Consultation
- Applying Change Strategies in DBT: Solution Analysis, Cognitive Modification, Contingency Management, Exposure, & Skills Generalization
- Skills Training in DBT: Mindfulness, Emotional Regulation, Distress Tolerance, & Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Case Management & Consultation Teams
$1,200 + GST – Professional
$900 + GST – Student
The DBT Centre of Vancouver is approved by the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) to offer continuing education for psychologists and maintains responsibility for the program. Participants who complete the course are eligible for a total of 36 continuing education (CE) credits.
Visit and register: https://dbtvancouver.com/our-events/winter-2023-intro-to-dbt-course/