Application and Profile
- Support for MPS Advocacy efforts
- Discounts on liability and office insurance
- Ethics Resource Service
- Network with fellow colleagues and students at member events
- Information about office space and professional opportunities
- Listing in Referral Directory (for qualifying members)
- Access to upcoming online members-only resources (coming soon)
- Exclusive discounts on MPS-sponsored continuing education (CE) events
- Opportunities for continuing education credits at our Annual General Meetings
SAVE up to 15% with RBC Insurance
Exclusive Savings1 for Psychologists
RBC Insurance® and members of participating Provincial Psychological Associations have partnered to bring you exclusive savings on valuable life, disability, critical illness & travel insurance. Help become financially secure with a full range of insurance products and services that can offer valuable support:
- Save 10% on new term life insurance applications and help protect the financial security of your family
- Save up to 15% on new disability insurance2 applications and help make sure your bills are covered if you get sick or injured and can’t work
- Save 15% on new critical illness insurance applications which provides a lump sum payment if you get a serious illness
- Save 10% on travel insurance
Learn more about how RBC Insurance can help you save up to 15%3 on your insurance needs!
Insurance Doesn’t Have to Be Difficult.
Complicated policies, legal jargon and endless options can make it hard to know where to start. But our advisors will help you get it—with the information and advice you need to make informed decisions.
1) To be eligible for these savings you must be a member of a participating association AND be either a registered psychologist or psychological associate with a College (e.g., College of Psychologists of Ontario, L’Ordre des Psychologues du Quebec, etc.).
2) The savings is only applicable to The Professional Series®, The Foundation Series™, Retirement Protector and Business Overhead Expense. Savings cannot be combined
3) The savings is not applicable to Universal Life applications nor does it apply to special quotes. Savings cannot be combined.
Owl Practice Member Benefit
$ 200Per Year
$ 75Per Year
$ 35Per Year
$ 25Per Year
- 10% late administration fee will be added to renewals starting February 1, 2016.
- Memberships with unpaid dues lapse 90 days after year end- April 1, 2016.
- Prorating for new members starts July 1, 2016.
Description of Membership Levels
Any person may be admitted to Full Membership who is entitled to call him/herself a psychologist by virtue of:
(a) being registered under the Psychologists’ Registration Act; (b) being employed as a psychologist by the Government of Canada, the Government of Manitoba, a university in Manitoba, the board of a school district or division, or a hospital within the meaning of the Hospitals Act or other like bodies or agencies thereof; or (c) being deemed, at the discretion of the Executive, to be eligible for membership. Full Members are voting members.
Distinguished Life Member
Distinguished Life Membership may be conferred by the Executive on individuals in recognition of their contribution to psychology in Manitoba. Distinguished Life Members are voting members.
Any person who subscribes to the aims and purposes of the Society may be admitted to Affiliate Membership. Affiliate Members are nonvoting members.
A student enrolled in a psychology degree program at an accredited university may become a Student Member. Student Members are nonvoting members.
Retired Full Member
Upon retiring completely from practice or employment as a psychologist are eligible to change their status to Retired. Retired Members are voting members.