The following is a paid advertisement. The Manitoba Psychological Society does not necessarily endorse any service or educational opportunity advertised.
Staff Support Psychologist
Custody, Correctional Services Division
Advertisement Number: 41510
Salary Range: $99,521.00 – $132,845.00 per year
Closing Date: November 30, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. * Note: In addition to the application form you are also required to submit a cover letter and resume.
Click here to access the application form.
This is a professional position which functions autonomously within a professional team environment. The incumbent is required to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to maintain service integrity and standards. The relationship of the incumbent to correctional staff will be one of mental health and wellness support. The incumbent will be working independently but consult with the wellness team on a regular basis, to inform them of current statistics, client case concerns and emerging situations of concern. Treatment and program decisions are made via a consultative process, consequently the incumbent requires advanced professional skills and interpersonal communication abilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Internal Security Check
- Doctor of Psychology (PHD) in Clinical Psychology with extensive direct clinical experience, assessing disorders and providing counselling and therapy to clients
- Registration or eligibility for registration in the Psychological Association of Manitoba as a psychologist
- Extensive experience in addictions & trauma support
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment delivering psychological services including but not limited to individualized treatments and therapeutic techniques
- Management experience including planning, reporting, organizing and evaluating resources
- Extensive experience creating and maintaining clinical notes, reports and any other written material required, in a timely manner
- Proficiency with computer applications (word, statistical packages), audio visual aids, diagnostic manuals, clinical assessment tools
- Experience with first responders
The Staff Support Psychologist will be responsible for providing therapy and counseling to Correctional Staff across six adult and one youth centre. They will conduct psychological assessments and develop treatment plans while working closely with other healthcare professionals to ensure the best possible outcomes. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential for success in this role. This role will work independently to complete psychological examinations and assessments to guide the need for interventions, provide support to those presenting with mental health concerns/acute stress, and improve wellbeing with mental health outcomes.
Advertisement No. 41510
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB. R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process.
When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.