|The following is a paid advertisement. The Manitoba Psychological Society does not necessarily endorse any service or educational opportunity advertised.|
Clinical Health Psychology Program
Clinical Psychologist Generalist-Adult Services
Requisition ID: 130282
Start Date: December 2020 or as soon as successful candidate is available
The Clinical Health Psychology (CHP) Program has an opening for a generalist-trained clinical psychologist to join our large regional team in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The CHP Program is responsible for psychological services in WRHA and Shared Health sites across the lifespan, from the very young to the elderly. The Program is dedicated to providing timely, evidence- based psychological consult, assessment, and treatment for a range of mental health and acute & chronic medical conditions, in health region settings that span hospitals, health centres, and primary care clinics.
This position is in Adult Services, based in CHP’s Depression clinic at Victoria General Hospital, and also flexibly provides assessment or treatment in other clinical areas and sites, depending on service needs in the CHP Program. In addition to providing diagnostic assessment and evidence-based treatments for depression, in this role, the Psychologist may also provide psychodiagnostic and cognitive assessments, and clinical evaluation, treatment planning, and treatment delivery through individual or group treatment, for a range of clinical conditions. The CHP program offers supervision and mentoring to facilitate mastery in newer areas of practice. The role also includes clinical consultation to other health professionals, and there may be opportunities for clinical teaching.
- Doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from a CPA- or APA-accreditedtraining program, and completion of a CPA or APA-accredited internship/residency
- Registered or eligible to be registered as a C.Psych. by the Psychological Association ofManitoba. The Clinical Health Psychology Program will provide the required clinical supervision for individuals who are at the C Psych Candidate level until they are licensed for independent practice as a C. Psych.
- Education, training and experience in diagnostic evaluation and cognitive assessment, including the administration and interpretation of standard adult psychodiagnostic and cognitive tests and measures
- Education, training and clinical experience in evidence-based psychological treatments for adults with depression, as well as for a range of other mental health presentations, including experience with treatment delivery in both group and individual format
- Education, training and experience in health psychology an asset
- Experience with consultation to other health care providers and clinical teams
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and inter-professional teamwork skills
Salary and Benefits:
- Placement on WRHA salary scale will be commensurate with qualifications andexperience; attractive benefits package.
- Supervision will be provided by the CHP Program for individuals registered at theC.Psych. Candidate level, until completion of registration requirements for independent practice as a C.Psych.Current professional liability insurance and satisfactory Criminal Record check, including Vulnerable Sector search, Adult and Child Abuse Registry checks, are conditions of employment.Clinical Health Psychology is unique in Canada, being both a regional clinical program and an academic department in the Max Rady College of Medicine, University of Manitoba, with a strong collegial network of psychologists within Winnipeg and across the province. To learn more about the CHP Program and the Winnipeg health region, visit: https://wrha.mb.ca/psychology/ To learn more about our CHP department, visit: http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/units/clinical_health_psych/
You are welcome to contact Dr Lesley Graff, Medical Director, Clinical Health Psychology Program, WRHA for further information through Ronda Perinot (admin assistant): (204) 787- 5163 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application is through the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority career website.
Title: Clinical Psychologist 2 – Adult
Requisition ID: 130282 https://careers.wrha.mb.ca/job/Winnipeg-Clinical-Psychologist-2-Adult-MB/541802617/
Deadline for initial review of applications is October 23, 2020. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.