The following is a paid advertisement. The Manitoba Psychological Society does not necessarily endorse any service or educational opportunity advertised.
Applications are now being accepted for the following position:
Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba (WCB)
The Healthcare Department of the WCB requires the services of a Psychological Consultants who can devote 16-20 hours per week to the position.
What will you do?
- Provide opinions orally and in writing on psychological matters to Compensation Services staff in order to assist in the adjudication and management of claims for workplace injuries or illnesses.
- Communicate orally and in writing with treating practitioners about medical matters related to claims for workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Perform examinations of injured workers as required in order to assist in the formulation of psychological opinions, in person and virtually.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Participate in program development, education, training and other special projects as required.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience as a Psychologist
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to communicate about medical matters with treating colleagues in the community
- Strength at working in a team environment
- In good standing or eligible for licensure with the Psychological Association of Manitoba
Please submit your CV to the attention of:
Director Professional Services
Healthcare and Vocational Rehabilitation
firstname.lastname@example.org (204) 954-4385
The Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba administers the Workers Compensation Act of Manitoba.
The Healthcare Department of the Workers Compensation Board supports adjudicative processes by clarifying medical information, confirming or establishing the health status of injured workers and providing educational, adjudicative and case management support. It also contributes to the oversight of medical aid within the context of The Workers Compensation Act.