The following is a paid advertisement. The Manitoba Psychological Society does not necessarily endorse any service or educational opportunity advertised.
Clinical Psychologist – ADULT OR LIFESPAN Dauphin, Manitoba
Prairie Mountain Health and Clinical Health Psychology
Full-Time, Term (flexible; part-time can be considered)
Start Date: flexible; June/July 2021 or as soon as possible after
The Clinical Health Psychology (CHP) Program has a leave-replacement term opportunity for a Clinical Psychologist to join the regional team in the Prairie Mountain Health region, based in beautiful Dauphin, Manitoba. The Clinical Health Psychology Program is dedicated to providing timely psychological consult, assessment, and evidence-based treatment for a range of mental health and acute & chronic medical conditions across the lifespan; CHP is based in health region settings that span hospitals, health centres, and primary care throughout the province.
This term position involves consultation to community mental health teams and to the inpatient mental health unit at the Dauphin Regional health Centre, as well as outpatient psychological assessment, and short-term individual and group-based psychological therapies for common mental health concerns. The primary focus is in adult services; a Clinical Psychologist with lifespan training and experience who could also provide child and adolescent services would be welcome.
Dauphin is a three-hour drive northwest of Winnipeg, and close to Riding Mountain National Park, a scenic parkland area known for its camping and recreational watersports. For more information, visit:https://www.tourismdauphin.ca/. Prairie Mountain Health region covers the southwestern part of the province and has culturally diverse communities which include newcomers and an Indigenous population. For information about the PMH Region, visit: www.prairiemountainhealth.ca
- Doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from a CPA-accredited clinical psychology training program, and completion of a CPA-accredited internship/residency.
Doctoral candidates post-residency nearing completion of their degree may be considered.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Psychologist (C.Psych.) with the Psychological Association of Manitoba www.cpmb.ca
- Education, training and experience in adult psychological assessment, including cognitive and psychodiagnostic evaluation
- Education, training and experience in adult evidence-based psychological interventions
- Education, training and experience in child and adolescent mental health assessment and treatment would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, oral and written communication, and inter-professional teamwork skills, flexibility, maturity and positive professional identity.
Salary and Benefits:
- An attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and benefits package are provided.
- Supervision will be provided by the CHP Program for individuals registered at the C.Psych. Candidate level, until completion of registration requirements for independent practice as a C.Psych.
Current professional liability insurance and satisfactory Criminal Record check, including Vulnerable Sector search, Adult and Child Abuse Registry checks, are conditions of employment.
Clinical Health Psychology (CHP) is unique in Canada, being both an academic department in the Max Rady College of Medicine and a clinical program, providing psychological services across a range of hospital and community sites in both urban and rural settings. As a member of CHP, the Psychologist joins a large team of dedicated psychologist colleagues across the province who provide clinical consultation and collegial support to the group. For more information, visit: www.umanitoba.ca/medicine/clinical_health_psych
Interested persons should apply in writing referring to Clinical Psychologist – Dauphin, Manitoba, including curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three references to:
Dr. Lesley Graff
Provincial Specialty Lead Clinical Health Psychology, Shared Health Manitoba
Head, Department of Clinical Health Psychology, Max Rady College of Medicine, University of Manitoba
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (admin assistant)
Priority will be given to candidates who apply by April 19, 2021. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.