The following is a paid advertisement. The Manitoba Psychological Society does not necessarily endorse any service or educational opportunity advertised.
Educational Psychologist Career Opportunity:
Work remotely and in-person with various communities in the Northwest Territories.
Continuum North Comprehensive Education and Health Services is seeking a Registered Psychologist to join our interdisciplinary team. We are based in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, the traditional home of the Yellowknives Dene and North Slave Métis, but work across the north on the traditional territories of the many Dene, Inuvialuit and Métis Nations.
The role involves both onsite and virtual services (relocation to the territory is not necessarily required). Candidates will have a passion for collaborative, person and family- centred, relationship-based services, practicing from an ecological model. For more information about the scope of our services and practice philosophy, visit our website: www.continuumnorth.net
Requirements of Position:
- Clinical competence in the educational psychology domain, including assessment
- Preferred experience working in schools, within an inclusive education framework and tiered model of support
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures and ways of being (or a willingness to learn)
- Cultural humility
- Innovative, creative and adaptable approach
- Work collaboratively with interprofessional team, communities, schools and families
- Willingness to travel as required, including to remote communities
Eligible for registration as a Psychologist in the NWT. Interns and provisional psychologists are welcome to apply.
Dependent on availability and determined on a case-by-case basis.
Competitive. Negotiable based on experience
The work will be a combination of both travel within the Northwest Territories and virtual services (to be based at your home location – anywhere in Canada).
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com